July 2, 2008

Meeting with Liz Hampton, IBM NZ

I was thinking, “I wonder if Liz Hampton is in the same lift as me?” as the lift rose up towards Level 11 of the Majestic Centre on Willis Street. Liz is the Manager at Corporate Citizenship & Corporate Affairs at IBM New Zealand, I was meeting with her to talk about IBM’s involvement in the Challenge. The thought passed me by as I walked towards reception, when someone exiting the same lift as me approached and asked if I was Nathan. It was Liz.

We decided to get a coffee across the road, Liz shouted me a flat white (thanks!) and we talked about this year’s yMedia Challenge.

I wanted to know about her perceptions of what a successful yMedia Challenge would be from IBM’s point of view. IBM is one of our industry members for 2008 and I want to make sure they get something in return for their support of the Challenge. Her answer was a well executed Challenge that builds skills and awareness among tertiary students and community groups. That, and just to make sure IBM is kept up to date with how things are progressing. Sounds good!

I was hoping to get an industry judge from IBM. I asked Liz and she promised to get back to me. It wasn’t long after our coffee before I got a call back from Liz who could confirm that Valerie Walshe, Marketing Manager for IBM New Zealand will be able to judge this year’s projects. Awesome!

No comments: